Well, many of you must not feel very much acquainted with this term, since it is a purely medical one. To present it in layman terms, probiotic refers to a microbe that works for the favor of its host by preventing it from various diseases and protecting it.
Lactobacillus acidophilus is one of the most famed probiotic known to people associated with medicine. It is known to be found most abundantly in acidophilus milk, yogurt, and some of the supplements. It is also well known for its positive role in preventing helpful bacteria residing in intestine, due to the effects of heavy antibiotics.
That is why it shows positive results in preventing a person from antibiotic-associated diarrhea, when given in appropriate combination with several antibiotics. Given below are some of its major benefits that make it an object of interest for so many people all over the world.
Why people want to know more about it
There is a multitude of reasons why people are so keen in knowing more about improved health benefits courtesy to probiotic.
The first thing one needs to understand in this regard is that microorganisms are found quite abundantly in nature, even in human body, such as, on and within people’s bodies, residing at different places. This abundance of microorganisms is not without a reason.
The role of friendly bacteria is quite vital for many important functions of human body. They not only serve to strengthen the immune system of human beings, but also decimate the negatively influencing microorganisms hosted by various parts of human bodies. A handful of such bacteria also play a pivotal role in digestion and absorption of nutrients in human body.
This might sound very interesting to a majority of people that every person has a distinct mix of bacteria acting upon them. The healthy interaction of human beings with microorganisms present in the environment and upon themselves is very essential for optimal performance of majority of functions taking place in human body.
There are two aspects to this complex relationship between human beings and microorganisms.
1) One of the side effects of antibiotics is that they also tend to destroy friendly bacteria present in the gut of a person along with unfriendly ones. This is when probiotic come into action. Medical experts like to rely on the use of probiotic to counter the effects of antibiotics, by relieving human beings from resulting symptoms like diarrhea, cramping, or formation of gas.
Experts also resort to the use of probiotic in relieving a person from the symptoms of “lactose-intolerance” – a condition where gut is deprived of the necessary enzymes to help a person digest sugar present in milk, which can also cause severe gastrointestinal symptoms.
2) Medical experts are aware of the malicious activities of disease-causing microorganisms like fungi, bacteria, yeast, and various other parasites. Now, they are very much intrigued about the positive impacts of using probiotic in conditions like
• Irritable bowel syndrome
• Severely infectious diarrhea
• Bowel diseases caused by inflammation, like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
• Severe vaginal infections
• Tooth decay and other periodontal infections
All these aspect point to one conclusion, i.e. probiotic holds many possibilities for improving human health and that is why medical experts are trying to learn as much as possible about them.
Guest Post by: Aimee Sparker, a writer with health and beauty skills working for Nationwide Synergy Inc. NSI cure the hormone deficiency in men and women by HGH therapy, Hormone Replacement Therapy and Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
Think your friends would like this post? Click the ‘like’ button to share it on Facebook or bookmark it on your favorite social networking websites!
« previous postAre You a Hypochondriac or Are...
You’ve been suffering from strange mystery symptoms for months, years or maybe you’re ...
next post »“Help! The TV is Force-Feedi....
Do you know you’re addicted to food? Did that stop you with a piece of candy mid-way to ...