This is a sponsored post. I have been compensated for my time through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. All opinions remain my own, and I was in no way influenced by the company.
Chronic illness is a thief. It takes your time, energy, and sometimes even your hope for a brighter future. Another thing chronic illness steals is your money. If you’re living with a chronic illness, chances are, you have some medical debt.
You’re not alone. Medical bills are the #1 reason Americans go bankrupt each year. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation, 75 percent of people cut back their spending on food, clothing, and/or basic household items in order to pay their medical bills.
And the charges for basic medical care can range from surprising to downright obscene.
From an article published in Time Magazine entitled, “Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us”, here are just a few examples of the outlandish cost of patient treatment:
- 1 Aspirin – $1.50 (You can buy an entire bottle of generic for about a dollar more.)
- 1 Niacin Tablet – $24.00 (You can purchase a whole bottle for under $5.00.)
- Blanket – $39.00 (They sell the same blankets, only brand new, on eBay for $13.)
- Bacitracin – $108.00 (An entire tube of this antibiotic ointment can be purchased for $2.49 at Walgreens.)
- 1 Three-Hour ER Visit – $21,000. That’s $995 for the ambulance ride, $3,000 for the doctors, and $17,000 for the hospital—all for what turned out to be a case of indigestion. (A bottle of generic liquid antacid costs $2.00 at Walmart.)
It’s no wonder so many people avoid hospitals and doctors altogether, even when they’re sick enough to need the care!
No More Exhausting Haggles, Remedy Advocates FOR You
Living with a chronic illness is exhausting enough. Having to spend hours on the phone pleading your case and even more time filling out complicated forms and mailing in documents is simply too much. You can’t do it. So, the bills continue to pile up, and you continue to feel overwhelmed.
Remedy is FREE to Try – (They Only Make Money When You Save It)
When you show your medical bills to Remedy, they take over from there. There is nothing more you have to do, and unless they can save you money, their service is free.
The Perks of Having Remedy in Your Corner
Once you sign up, Remedy will:
- Automatically detect new bills
- Identify errors and overcharges
- Negotiate with hospitals and insurance
- Settle with collections agencies
- Provide easy online bill pay
Got some medical bills collecting dust? Send photos of them via text, and Remedy will negotiate them down. You can even pay your new balance online!
Already paid those astronomical fees? Not to worry. Let Remedy know the date and location of your visit, and expect a refund check in the mail!
The Easy, Step-By-Step Process
- Visit www.tryremedy.com.
- Put in your mobile telephone number.
- Upload your bills to a safe and secure server.
- Meet your advocate who will assist you by text or phone.
- Answer some simple questions.
- Sit back and relax. Your advocate is now in charge of your case.
- Save BIG on your medical bills.*
* Their service fee is 20% of what they save you, but not more than $99.
When you have Remedy on your side, you can go back to focusing on the important things in life, like your health and peace of mind.